"You're pretty, Mommy."
I hear this statement every few days from Oliver and it is so sweet. Today the conversation went like this:
Oliver: You're so pretty, Mommy.
Me: Aw, thank you Oliver. Why do you tell me I'm pretty so often?
Oliver: Because I love you.
Me: Wow, I love you too, Oliver. You know, you are very fun and handsome.
Oliver: I know.
When did we stop believing that we are fearfully and wonderfully made? And when did we stop reminding others that they are fearfully and wonderfully made? Somewhere along the path between childhood and adulthood.
Well, today, know that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. From the physical to the personality, to the spiritual. And don't forget that others are too. All of us are masterpieces, and we all have a little mud covering up the beautiful art. Don't let the mud allow you to forget the masterpiece underneath (in yourself and in others!).
11/13/13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment