6/27/14

Increased Verbal Communication for Aiden

Aiden is talking more and more!  We traveled to Virginia, another week passed, and I started to notice a marked difference in his efforts at communicating verbally.

Expressed words include, up, more, please (mainly sign language only), truck, dump truck, dog, hot, plane, bye-bye, hi, help, no, hush (thanks to "Goodnight Moon"), Oliver, Mommy, Daddy, kitty kitty, and several more.  And of course, vrooooommmm is heard regularly all over the house.  He also makes the "eeeeeerrrrrrrrrr" sound as he pretends to blend things (yes, we still drink smoothies often!).

Opposite from Oliver, Aiden is not fearful of the loud noises various machines make, including my hair dryer.  He likes to carry it around and make his own vvvvvvuuuuhhhh sound.  One morning, I had finished using it and put it up.  He fussed and I asked him what he needed.  He rubbed the top of his head, pointed up, then did the sign for please.  He was telling me he wanted to play with the hair dryer.  He certainly communicates boldly in whatever way he knows how!

No comments: