9/7/10

Brooklyn

Aug 24, 2010


After New Paltz, we drove into Brooklyn to visit our friends Chris and Lee.  Those guys have a busy, creative life there in the New York area.  We spent some time at the Met, and saw the bamboo exhibit on the roof there.  There was also some interesting art from India.

Lindsay and I spent good time in the kitchen with Chris and Lee.  Lobster (yes, a homemade lobster dinner) and homemade pizza were a hit, as was the craft beer that Chris normally has on tap.  This time they had a seltzer water (rosemary seltzer if I remember right) and a lavender beer that I really liked.  We were in such a cooking mood, that once those guys took off for work, and we made some great French toast from a French baguette that was in the kitchen.  The New York stereotype is one of eating out, so it's fantastic to spend time with them at home so much -- we loved it. 

No comments: