Aug 25, 2010
The first was when I visited a beautiful section of a state park on the border of Jersey and Pennselvania. It was one of the most peaceful spots I think I've been in the world. I spent 2 hours hiking along a small trout stream along a soft, quiet ridge of the mountain.
This second experience was totally different. Brian was excited about taking us to the beach. We walked out on the peaceful beach, watching surfers try their hand at the waves along the jetty, while the sun set behind us. The water was not cold, and not warm, but just about right for a quick swim. I was impressed. Those guys showed us their new place and shared a good meal with us, while we got to spend some time with their kids, who are engaging, well mannered, and growing quickly. They're proud parents, and we can see why!
No comments:
Post a Comment