7/9/13

Smock, and the bathtub

(Mon, Aug 8th)
It was one of those days.  You know, where you feel like every time you turn around there is something else to clean up...another spilled water, another poopy diaper, more places to vacuum so Aiden doesn't end up a human vacuum.  By dinner, I was done, but this time, even I had to laugh at myself.

Mark walks in the door, and Oliver is seated at the table with a full smock on, and a bib over top. Rice was the culprit.  I know how messy Oliver when we have rice (and curry) for dinner, so I wasn't going to take a chance since I had already bathed him.  However, as we chatted over dinner, I looked at Oliver and burst out laughing.  A smock, really?  Poor thing.  He resisted my putting it on him (understandably!).  Too bad I didn't get a picture of him with it on, but here is the smock by itself.


And today (Tues, Aug 9th), I fill the baby bathtub with water for Aiden's bath and start to undress him when I realize he has a poopy diaper. I take him to his room to wipe off the poop.  When I return (maybe 2 minutes later), Oliver has climbed into the bathtub, fully clothed (shoes and all).  He is so proud of himself.  I couldn't help but be humored. Again, didn't grab a picture.

No comments: