1/19/10

Aprendemos Español

Aprendemos Español. = We learn Spanish.

Today was our first day of language school. Over our 4-hour lesson, my professora and I (Lindsay) covered almost every topic under the sun. It was a relief to be able to discuss a variety of topics in Español...or at least understand 80-90% of what my professora was saying. The Spanish here is crisp and clear and I simply enjoy listening to folks share history, opinions, stories, etc. Through these lessons, what I hope to improve most is my ability to respond with similar fluidity. Currently, I stud stud studder when called to speak. To build vocabulary, I am reading novels and short stories. Today, I began reading Eva Luna by Isabel Allende.

Mark is on an upward learning curve too. Already, we are communicating with one another in Español! He is working on verb conjugations and building his Spanish vocabulary.

Our teachers are sisters and both have a lot of energy and enthusiasm for teaching. We are looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments: