Cuenca es una ciudad hermosa. (Cuenca is a beautiful city.)
After school, almuezo (lunch-the main meal of the day), and una siesta (nap, which is common during the afternoon), we walked along the river and took pictures.
As you can see: puffy white and gray clouds hover over rolling green mountains that surround the entire city. And Cuenca is a city. The streets are cobblestone mostly and cars bounce down the street at about 25-30 mph (so not fast). The sidewalks hold about one person, maybe two in certain places, and the streets are lined with stores (clothing, electronic, sports, shops similar to tiny 7-elevens, cell phone stores, furniture stores, etc.). The stores are small by U.S. standards, as most hold no more than 5 people at a time, and with 5, it would be crowded.
One of our favorite places is the parque en el Centro where we study, read, and do homework. Our favorite ice cream shop (se llama ``Nice Cream´´) is right on the corner, so easy access to increase our blood sugar during the afternoon lull.
We spend most of our time these first few weeks either at school,
or at our home. Here are pictures of those, for now. Our room (one of six rooms in the house!) is the one on the second floor with the curtains open.

2 comments:
Yeah, pictures!!!!
What a pretty looking city and what a sweet hostess you appear to have.
Glad you are settled in a good place and your year is off to a great start. Only one hope.
THAT YOU POST MORE PICTURES!!!! :)
Love you both. Dad/Gary
I don’t usually reply to posts but I will in this case. I’ve been experiencing this very same problem with a new WordPress installation of mine. I’ve spent weeks calibrating and getting it ready when all of a sudden… I cannot delete any content. It’s a workaround that, although isn’t perfect, does the trick so thanks! I really hope this problem gets solved properly asap.
Post a Comment